The City School of Los Angeles
A progressive private school in The San Fernando Valley with a curriculum inspired by Waldorf Education serving Pre-school through Grade 8.
We offer affordable private education with Waldorf certified teachers. Our mission is to foster the children’s love of learning while we nurture their physical, emotional, intellectual and social capacities inspired by the Waldorf Pedagogical principles designed by Rudolf Steiner to the curriculum, featuring a developmentally-staged and arts-oriented education.
Our Program features:
- Certified Waldorf teachers
- Affordable, private education
- Community-like campus
- Small class sizes – we have a 1:8 teacher-student ratio
- Tuition Adjustment Program
- Field trips – urban homesteads, local farms, camping trips & even Europe!
- Music Program – flute, choir, violin & cello
- Handwork – sewing, knitting, crochet & modeling, woodworking
- Foreign Languages – German & French
- After school programs
- A beautiful small campus with gardens, climbing trees and more in Lake Balboa
Join us for a Walk through the Grades the first Thursday of every month at 9:00am. Please RSVP and let us know you will be coming here.
The City School is located at 17424 Sherman Way between Louise Park and Jesse Owens Park on a lovely, tree-lined stretch of Sherman Way in Lake Balboa, California.